Cartoons! They are the most wonderful part of our childhood. We grew up watching them, we went on many adventures with them, they made our childhood exciting. We looked up to these cartoon characters, they taught us many valuable life lessons like never run from the challenges, but face them with courage! The importance of having friends in life, how faith and belief can do wonders in the tough times. To this very day we haven’t forgotten our old pals, they will always be special to us.
When it comes to cartoon, when we talk about animation, bringing these toons to life, it’s a very difficult task. It requires a vivid imagination and exceptional creativity to bring these cartoon characters to life on the big screen. The magic we see on the screen is a result of many artists working for countless hours to animate unique and wonderful characters.
So let’s take a look at the 11 beloved cartoon characters that are actually based on real life celebrities and people!
1. The famous ogre Shrek is based on the French boxer Maurice Tillet. Maurice suffered from a condition known as acromegaly which resulted in overgrown and thick bones. Shrek is modeled after him.
2. The beautiful Ariel is based on the famous child actress Alyssa Milano of the very hit show “Who’s The Boss”. The Little Mermaid tells the story of Ariel who wants to be a human. The big eyes and the bubbly personality of Alyssa of Ariel is borrowed from Alyssa.
3. The big eyebrows, the charming smile, attitude of Aladdin has been taken from Tom Cruise. Originally Disney wanted to model after Michel J. Fox, but they went with Tom Cruise instead.
4. Sherri Stoner, a famous writer and producer who has written for famous animated hits of the 90’s like Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs was the reference for designing Belle of Beauty And The Beast.
5. One of the earliest and famous cartoons “Betty Boop” was actually a parody of the actress Helen Kane.
6. The amazing stylish from “The Incredibles” is actually based on a real-life stylist Edith Head. Edith was a very famous stylist, throughout her career she had won 35 Academy Award nominations for her wonderful work.
7. Just look at the picture and you’ll see how identical they are. Pocahontas is modeled after the Native American actress Irene Bedard in every way possible. Irene also provided the voice over for the character.
8. The famous drag performer Divine was the inspiration behind The Little Mermaid’s villain Ursula.
9. The very popular Disney Princess Snow White is based on the famous actress of the 1930’s and 1940’s Marge Champion.
10. The Vultures of “The Jungle Book” are inspired from The Beatles.
11. Enough said.
So hope you guys enjoyed the article. Always feel free to express yourself by commenting your views and opinions in the comments section. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends.