Welcome to Humor Nation. In today’s article, we are bringing you five quick facts about Sebastian Michaelis from the anime series black butler. He is the most popular character of the series. I’m also gonna take a moment just to say this article may contain spoilers so if you haven’t caught up with the show then please come back later. But with that being said, here are the facts…
So Let’s Take A Look At 10 Interesting Facts About Sebastian Michaelis From Black Butler
1. Sebastian’s last name originates from the Japanese word ‘Mikari’ which basically means repayment which is really fitting as it signifies his contract with Ciel.
2. In the manga whenever Sebastian was summoned he appeared in his true demon form. In the anime he appeared as a crow or a raven accompanied by a rain of feathers which looked really cool and fitting Sebastian’s character.
3. On Sebastian’s grave his epitaph included the following inscription: To the memory of Sebastian Michaelis died March, 1889. Maybe he is in heaven an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. Sounds really creepy, but really cool at the same time!
4. Sebastian’s name is similar to father Sebastian Michaelis who was a French Inquisitor who wrote a classification of demons and in 1587 he published his study and research on demons in the form of a book called Pneumologie: Discours des esprits.
5. In the Victorian era, butlers were called by their last name so Sebastian should technically be called Michaelis by Ciel and Mr. Michaelis by the other servants.
6. If you have seen the anime, you known Sebastian loves cats. And throughout the series, it has been implied that he hates dogs. But what’s ironic is that Ciel named Sebastian after his late dog.
7. Sebastian has a fluency in Latin and French. He can also speak East Franconian and German with ease.
8. There is a definite resemblance between Ciel’s late father Vincent Phantomhive and Sebastian. As it is intentional, though the creator Yana Toboso never revealed the reason why chose to draw them having resemblance.
9. In episode 17 of the anime, we see Sebastian raising a handkerchief to cover up his face, now this suggests that demons do have an abhorrence for salt. However, no other objects such as rosary beds or churches seems to have an effect on Sebastian.
10. We know for a fact that demons cannot taste. So when we see Sebastian ‘tasting’ the curry, we all can assume that Sebastian can taste to some extent– but maybe not in the same way and to the extent we humans can do. Now this explains the reason why a powerful demon like him needs good amount of practice to get his practice right. He needed to learn what tastes good to humans!