Sarabhai vs Sarabhai, one of the finest Indian TV shows of all time. It has been 9 years since the last episode of the show Sarabhai vs Sarabhai aired. The loyal fans of the show have since keenly waited for the second season. But in 2012, Devan Bhojani, director of the show denied that the series would return. This show is one of the greatest for so many reasons. The very well direction, superb acting, catchy catch phrases, offbeat characters, anthology story-line and much more.
Let’s take a look why Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai is one of the finest shows ever produced.
1. This is something that people have never seen before, it is one of a kind. This show is unlike the daily soap operas that we see on every channel.
2. Pure class comedy! This show never relied on cheap comedy tactics and vulgarity. It was never about ratings, it was always about making people laugh.
3. When you have actors like Satish Shah, Sumeet Raghavan, and the theatre greats like Ratna Pathak, you don’t need anything fancy. Just sit back and watch them do what they do best, and that’s entertaining the viewers.
4. You’ll fall in love with these characters. The unusual characters and their persona is something you’ll never forget. The character development is brilliant which is one more reason to like this show. My favorite character is the aspiring poet Rosesh Sarabahi.
5. If I have to give you one solid reason why you must watch this show then here’s one – INDRAVADAN SARABHAI. The funniest Indian troll dad we’ve ever seen on the big screen.
6. Need a good way to spice up the things in your married life? Take some tips from Indravadan Sarabhai, he surely knows how to make his wife scream his name out loud.
7. Kyuki, Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki ruled the television for years and still daily soaps like Doli Armaanon ki, Kumkum Bhagya continue to mesmerize the everyday women. But Sarabhai vs Sarbhai was different, you still get to see the clash between the middle class Bahu Monisha and her sophisticated, well-mannered mother-in-law Maya Sarabhai. They took the everyday Indian house drama to a new level.
8. The imaginative and creative poems of Rosesh can make the great poets cry tears of laughter. Just read any poem of Rosesh and I promise you won’t regret it.
9. To all the engineers out there, you can learn a lot from Dushyant. He’ll show you why practical knowledge of ‘stuff’ matters. It’s funny, but more than the well-being of people, the well-being and functioning of electronic appliances matter the most to him.
10. Indu and Maya are such a sweet couple, aren’t they? The golden rule of any marriage; the wife is always right. Even Indravadan won’t deny that!
11. The father-son duo would make you fall off your chair laughing. This is such a funny dysfunctional family. In the Sarabhai house, everyday is full of chaos and fun.
12. Maya Sarabhai, queen of sophistication, the ever so hypocritical, prefers the crème de la crème in every aspect of her life. Beware! she’s injected with heavy sarcasm.
13. If you haven’t watched Sarabhai vs Sarabhai yet then just go and watch it right now! Watch one of the finest, greatest Indian TV show of all time. That’s all folks!