Hello Guys! Welcome to Humor Nation. History, nature, awe, wonder – all of these things and more await in this incredible article. We’re heading to Thailand, the land of smiles. Thailand is often thought of only in terms of its food, tropical climate, and vacation, but there’s a lot more to it.
So Let’s Take A Look At Weird Things That Happen Only In Thailand!
1. Many of the popular beer brands also make bottled water.
2. RedBull was originally a brand created by a local.
3. There are 7-11’s everywhere. There are probably more 7-11’s in Bangkok than Starbucks in Seattle!
4. The best dressed woman on any given train, taxi or sidewalk is probably a Ladyboy.
5. Thailand respects the “third gender” and has public bathrooms for transgender males. Those are known as “Pink Toilets”.
6. It is illegal to leave the house without your underwear on in Thailand.
7. In Thailand, it is illegal to drive shirtless.
8. It is also illegal to step on any Thai currency.
9. Thai cops who commit minor offenses are punished with a bright pink ‘Hello Kitty’ armband and they have to wear it for several days.
10. The real name of Bangkok is the longest name of a city in the world. Its full name in Thai is…
11. A Thai woman lived for 33 days & nights in a glass room full of scorpions.
12. The world smallest bat kitti was found in western parts of Thailand. It weights only 2 grams.
13. Thailand is the world’s largest exporter of Orchids.
14. Siamese cats are native to Thailand.
15. Thailand is the only country in South East Asia that hasn’t been colonized.
16. Most hairdressers close on Wednesday. It’s an old saying that every one should avoid getting a haircut on this day.
17. Currently in Thailand, the current year is 2560!
18. In Thailand, the national anthem is played at 8 AM and 6 PM. And when it plays, Thai people must stop all activities and stand to attention to respect the song.
19. Bangkok was named the world’s hottest city!
20. Thai people drink beer with ice.
21. Thailand set the world record of the longest line of 40,800 washed plates!
22. Thai alphabet has 32 vowels and 44 consonant!
23. The population of Thailand reaches nearly half of Russia’s population.