Welcome back to Humor Nation! Today let us dive deep into lifestyle genre. Presently, all of us spend most of our time sitting too much whether it’s in office, at home, or in front of our TV or computer. Although we work while sitting, did you ever wonder that sitting so much is injurious to our health? Let us enlighten you with some interesting, but shocking facts.
So Let’s Take A Look At 12 Reasons Why Sitting Too Much Is Slowly Killing You!
1. Sitting for some time while could be considered beneficial, but sitting for whole day or for 8-10 hours can be injurious.
2. As soon as we sit down the electrical activity in our muscles drop down significantly and our calorie burnings rate decreases to about 1 calorie per minute.
3. After only 3 minutes of sitting, there is a 50 % drop in artery dilation and as a result, there is a decrease in blood flow rate.
4. If we sit for 24 hours straight, the insulin in our body loses nearly 40 % of its ability to uptake glucose, which also increases the risk of type-2 diabetes.
5. After 2 weeks of sitting more than 6 hours a day, LDL cholesterol, sometimes called the “Bad cholesterol” is increased along with other fatty molecules, putting us at risk of getting fatter. Also the enzymes responsible for breaking down fats plunge.
6. On the top of it, because of the prolonged inactivity, our muscles begin to break down. Gradually the contractions become weaker, impending the pumping of blood to our heart. Even if we work out regularly, the minute we stop moving, the deterioration begins.
7. Research have sown the just exercising cannot counter the effect of something like smoking, also sitting.
8. If we see it in a long objective. A year later following same sitting routine of 6 hours a day, the negative effects begin to compound, and some studies in women have shown a decrease in bone mass upwards by 1 % every year.
9. If you think you brain is more important than your body, physical movement not only helps pump blood and oxygen to the brain, but also helps in maintaining its activeness. When we stop the movement, the brain slows down.
10. Perhaps more shockingly after 10 or 20 years of sitting 6 hours per day, you may have lost up to 7 quality adjusted life years. Talking about induces diseases. The risk of heart diseases increases by 64 %, while the risk of prostate or breast cancer increases by 30%.
11. If everybody sat for no more than 3 hours a day, it is estimated that the life span will increase by 2 years. Our bodies aren’t designed to be still, and for sitting 8 hours a day is bad for those who go home and watch TV, as it is for those who hit the gym. It is literally a lethal activity.
12. There are so many solutions to fight this situation. If you consider yourself that yes you are sitting two much, then Google that how can you become more movementholic in your workplace. Our work was to make you aware.
Best of Luck!
LIKE. SHARE. COMMENT!
Stay tuned to Humor Nation!