Hello Readers! Welcome back to Humor Nation. Russia is described by many names, it is also said to be a winner, a mother, a fighter and a force, it is a land wrapped in a mystery. Russia has always proved its worth in one way or the other, so today we’ll discuss Russia and some interesting things about it.
So here are some interesting facts about Russia that will amaze you!
10. According to the area, Russia is the largest country in the world. It is spread over an area of 17 million sq km which is approximately 6.6 million sq miles. It covers 1/9 of Earth’s terrestrial area.
9. The Trans-Siberian is the world’s longest railway and is in Russia. It departs from Moscow(west) to Vladivostok(east), this covers 9,200 km and 152 hours.
8. Did you know that Russia lies in Asia and Europe both? Well yes, Russia’s three quarter is in Asia and one quarter in Europe and around 22% of its population lives in Asia.
7. Russia’s capital Moscow is the home of billionaires and most of them reside here only as compared to another city. Around 73 billionaires reside in Moscow(ranks 1st) and New York follows it by 82 billionaires.
6. World’s fourth biggest drinkers are Russians only and this is the main reason why 1 out of 6 men die of alcohol-related problems.