India is a place that is known for cultural diversity and the various religions. You might have heard the famous Spider-Man quote that “With Great Power comes Great Responsibilities” the same can be said for the many religions that India has, “With an extensive number of religions come vast number and various sort of superstitions”. In India, we have grown up hearing about the various superstitions which has been passed on from one era to the next, from one generation to the next. Be that as it may, but there are some logical and scientific explanations for these superstitions.
We live in a nation where traditions have been a very important part of our society . In India, since one is born, one needs to experience numerous rituals and ceremonies which have been an integral of life since ages, regardless of what Science says. We are just told to comply with some direction or standards. There remain numerous speculations and explanations of superstitions which were really made in the light of logic.
So Let’s Take A Look At 10 Famous Indian Superstitions And Scientific Explanations Behind Them!
1. The reason why all the barbers close their shop on Tuesday. Why you can’t get a haircut or shave on Tuesday.
2. This is the scientific explanation behind hanging of lemon and 7 green chillies in the business places and shops.
3. This is why you must take a bath after returning home from a funeral ceremony.
4. This is why people stop when a cat crosses their path.
5. So don’t break a mirror or you’ll experience seven years of bad luck.
6. So next time when you step out of your house for something important, don’t forget to eat curd and sugar.
7. The Tilaka ritual has been around since the ancient times, but there’s more to it than just the tradition.
8. That’s why one must avoid sweeping and brooming in the dark.
9. So if you sneeze then don’t rush into work. God bless you.
10. So don’t worry the snake’s kin won’t come for revenge.