Are yaar tum toh bahut badi chirand ho! Are dada lao kuch nichawar hi de do! To recall the person who uttered these lines, you don’t need to think hard. You don’t need to force your mind to figure out the person to whom these famous dialogues belong. These famous dialogues are from your favorite artist Daroga Happu Singh, who has made millions of people his fans through his amazing and simply entertaining acting in his hit TV show ‘Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai’.
The show ‘Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai’ has many entertaining characters like Angoori Bhabi, Prem Chopra, Tiwari Ji, Vibhuti, Saxena Ji, Vibhut’s Chacha and Anita Bhabi, but there is another character who is very popular among the fans and the audience simply love his style. He is none another than the funny Daroga Happu Singh. The role is played by Yogesh Tripathi. Audience enjoy his language. Happu Singh is a corrupt police inspector who demands bribe from everyone and has a crush on Anita Mishra whom he calls ‘Gori Mam’.
Bhabhi Ji Ghar Pe Hai is one of the best things on the television right now. This plot of the comedy show centers around two neighboring couples. Both of the neighbors desperately endeavor to charm each other’s better half. Begun in March, 2015, this show has just turned out to be a standout amongst the most watched comedy shows on the television. This show is even challenging the very famous “Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chasma”, giving a run for their money. This show all the elements of a great comedy show; clean satire and humor, content for all ages, relatable and very well-developed characters, fresh story-lines. The show serves as a dose of relief for everyday worries, giving its viewers a heart burst laughter and giggling them when they need it the most.
So Let’s Take A Look At 7 Things That You Should Know About Yogesh Tripati AKA ‘Happu Singh’ Of Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai
1. The real face behind the entertaining character of Happu Singh is Yogesh Tripati. He is almost unrecognizable in real life so people sometimes have a hard time believing that he’s the one who plays the role of the corrupt inspector. While his getup and makeup may be different, but Yogesh uses his real life Bundeli language while playing the character.
2. Yogesh hails from a small town called ‘Rath’ which comes under the Hamirpur district of Uttar Pradesh. There’s always been an educational environment in his family because all his family members belong to the teaching profession. Even Yogesh has completed his BSc in Mathematics.
3. Despite of being that much education, his real interest was always in the acting field. So after completing his education, he went to Lucknow and started his acting career by enrolling in Bharatendu Academy of Dramatic Arts to learn theater and understand acting.
4. He then came to Mumbai in search of some work and to try his luck. He struggled for a year, gave many auditions, but nothing worked. He kept trying and then finally he got his break with a TV advertisement of the chewing gum ‘Chlormint’. He then went on to work in 47 ad films.
5. His big break came when he was spotted by director Shashank Bali and that landed him a role in the hit SAB TV comedy show F.I.R. He played various characters in the show. His appearances in the show were very funny and entertaining, this made him a familiar face among the audience. He also played a small, but a very effective role in the comedy show ‘Chidiya Ghar’ on the channel SAB TV.
6. With the character of ‘Happu Singh’, Yogesh Tripati has now become a national star. People now know him as ‘Happu Singh’, but Yogesh doesn’t want to be typecast. He wants to experiment with different type of roles and characters. Acting is his passion and he is very serious about it.
7. At one point, his father was unhappy with his choice to make a career in acting. Initially his father wanted him to become a teacher, make a career in the teaching profession like his family members. But Yogesh followed his heart, his family is happy with his success.