Hello Readers! Welcome back to Humor Nation. Chandra Shekhar Azad is a legendary freedom fighter who fought till the end of his life against the British rule. He was known as Azad among his pals and was born on July 23rd, 1906 in a Brahmin family.
Let’s know about Chandra Shekhar Azad’s unknown facts in brief that you weren’t aware of
1. Chandra Shekhar Azad went to Kashi Vidyapeeth to study Sanskrit as his mother wanted him to become a scholar in the Sanskrit language.
2. When he was a student he joined the non-cooperation movement launched by Gandhiji in the year 1921.
3. From the tribal Bhils of erstwhile Jhabua, he learned archery and he used this skill a lot to fight against the Britishers.
4. He is well-known for the Kakori Rail Dacoity in the year 1925 and also got famous for the assassination of John Poyantz Saunders, the assistant superintendent of police in the year 1928.
5. His actual name was Chandrashekhar Tiwari, but later he adopted the surname “Azad”, which means free and vowed that he would never be caught by the Britishers alive.