Hello Readers! Welcome back to Humor Nation. Nirmala Sitharaman is the second woman to become India’s defense minister and she holds the office full time. It has happened for the first time when both our External affairs minister and Defense minister are under the command of a lady. India should really be proud and so today we’ll talk about Nirmala Sitharaman and know more about her.
So here are some lesser known facts about Nirmala Sitharaman!
1. Nirmala Sitharaman is really very overwhelmed after becoming the 33rd Defense Minister of India and is really happy that she the 26th person who holds the office full time.
2. Nirmala Sitharaman was born on 18th of August in the year 1959 in Madurai and had completed her education at Seethalakshmi Ramaswamy College which is in Tiruchirapalli.
3. Nirmala Sitharaman has achieved her Masters Degree in Economics from JNU and is the first one from her University to become a Defense Minister of India.
4. Before entering into the world of politics, she worked in London as the Senior Manager in Research and Analysis with Price Waterhouse.
5. Nirmala got married in the year 1986 to Dr. Parakala Prabhakar and she met him in JNU. Now they have a lovely and beautiful daughter.