Hello Readers! Welcome back to Humor Nation. Most of you may have visited this auspicious gathering and most of you must have not. So here we are today to let you know some fun and interesting facts about Kumbh Mela that as an Indian you should be aware of. And So let’s start and learn more and more about it in an interesting way.
So here are some fun and fascinating facts about Kumbh Mela which is World’s largest religious gathering!
1. Kumbh Mela is held after every four years over a course of 12 years and takes places at four locations which are at Haridwar’s Ganga river, Prayagraj’s Triveni Sangam of Ganga, Yamuna, and Saraswati, Ujjain’s river Kshipra and Nasik’s Godavari river.
2. Kumbh means nectar and Lord Brahma advised that in order to restore peace all Gods have to churn out the nectar of immortality and that too with the help of demons.
3. When the Gods refused to share the immortality nectar with the demons, they all started to chase down the Gods for 12 days which led to the fall of nectar at four different locations. Now at these locations, Kumbh Mela is held.
4. Kumbh Mela is held on specific dates and it is said that during these days the river turns into nectar again. These dates are calculated on the basis of the zodiac positioning of The Sun, Jupiter and The Moon.
5. People take a dip in the river during Kumbh as they believe that with this they’ll be blessed with that divine and nectar.