Welcome to Humor Nation. Bollywood is one of the reasons why we strongly believe that life is filled with love and colors. And no matter how hard it gets, it will always get better in the end. Today we will be taking a look at some of the interesting, unknown facts about the Bollywood movies that everyone should know of.
So Let’s Take A Look At Some Strangest And Amazing Facts About Bollywood Movies That You Should Know!
1. Raj Kapoor’s hit film “Sangam”(1964) has been the first Hindi movie in the Indian history to have not one, but 2 intervals!
2. ‘Izzat’ featured the legendary politician Jayalalitha. And it is the only Bollywood movie to ever feature her.
3. Rajnikanth, one of the most popular Indian actors. His quotes are so popular, but what’s more interesting is that the actor has never said the quote “Enna Rascala”!
4. ‘Awwal Number’ released in 1990, a film directed by Dev Anand. There’s a scene in the film in which we can see Dev Anand’s mother Cindy Crawford in the photo frame. She was an American model.
5. Yaadein (1964 film) is a film directed by Sunil Dutt which starred his wife Nargis Dutt and himself, only two actors in the film. It’s the first Indian film in history to feature only a single actor and the film entered the Guinness Book of World Records. The nomination came in the category of the ‘Fewest Actors In A Narrative Film’.
6. Shyam Benegal’s ‘Manthan’ which is based on the theme of White Revolution, the film was produced by 5,00,000 farmers. No other film ever in the history has been funded by so many people.
7. Jagdish Raj was a Indian actor who played the role of inspector in many films. The actor holds the Guinness World Record, but for a strange reasons. He holds the record for being the most type-cast Indian actor in the role of a police officer.
8. ‘Ae Malik Tere Bande Hum’, a famous song sung by the legendary singer Lata Mageshkar. The song so popular that it a school in Pakistan adopted it as an anthem.
9. Waheeda Rahman is the only actress who played both the role of a lover and a mother to Amitabh Bachchan. She played Amitabh’s mother in the film Trishul (1978) and lover in the film ‘Adalat’ (1976).
10. Director Vishal Bharadwaj and the actor Shahid Kapoor did not want to be paid a single penny for ‘Haider’.
11. In ‘Mughal-E-Azam’, an epic Indian film which starred Dilip Kumar and Madhubala. During a scene in which the prince Salim returns to the kingdom, actual real pearls were used for the scene and Lata Mangeshkar recorded the iconic song ‘Pyaar kiya toh darna kya’ in a bathroom.
12. ‘Pakeezah’ took around 14 years to be completed!
13. ‘I am’ is the first Bollywood movie which was crowd-sourced through social networking sites.