Welcome to Humor Nation. Television personality Kavi Kumar Azad, who is best known for his role of Dr. Hansraj Hathi in the famous Indian sitcom ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’ breathed his last on 9 July 2018 at a Mumbai hospital according to a report.
According to the website Spotboye.com, the Kavi Kumar was unwell for past three days and due to his degrading health, the actor was admitted at the Wockhardt Hospital located at Mira Road, Mumbai. But the actor slipped in the coma on Sunday night and on Monday morning, he breathed his last.
The producer of the show Asit Kumarr Modi when learned about the passing of Kavi Kumar, he was completely shocked and heartbroken, he said,
“He was an amazing actor and a very positive person. He truly loved the show and always came for the shoots, even if he was not feeling well. “Kavi called today morning that he is not well and will not be able to come for the shoot. And later we got the news that he passed away. We are all too numb to say anything”.
Kavi had been associated with Taark Mehta for a long time and his character of Dr. Hansraj Haathi was well adored by all age groups.
So Let’s Take A Look At The Journey Of Kavi Kumar AKA Dr. Haathi Of Taarak Mehta
1. Kavi Kumar Azad was born in Bihar. He always wanted to become an actor, his fascination with the big screen made him travel to Mumbai to become an actor.
2. His family was against his acting dream. They were going through some financial crisis at that time and wanted Kavi to stay by their side and support them. But Kavi Kumar ran away from his house to pursue his acting ambitions.
3. When he arrived in Mumbai, his struggling days were a nightmare. The actor didn’t had any money or connections. He stayed hungry and lived on the footpath. Although he landed up with some small roles in Bollywood movies, his life changed with the role of Dr. Hathi in Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chasmah.
4. Ever since his childhood, the actor had weight issues. He used to weigh around 215 kg at one point. After he got some roles, he lost around 80 kg of his weight. Lately, he weighed around 125 kg and his height was 5’4.
5. Kavi Kumar came from a lower-middle class Hindu family of Bihar. He was married and had two kids.
6. Kavi Kumar Azad started his Bollywood career with small appearances in films like- Mela (2000) and Fun2shh (2003).
7. Kavi Kumar Azad started his TV career with the role of Jaanbaz Jaadugar in Best of Luck Nikki, a sitcom which aired on Disney Channel. In 2008, he received a call from Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah‘s production house offering him the role of Dr. Haathi.
8. His last tweet!
9. The actor had a few food outlets in Mumbai. Kavi Kumar would meet his fans there.
10. His favorite actor was Vir Das and Parul Yadav was his favorite actress. Kavi Kumar Azad was a big supporter of Mumbai Indians.