Welcome back to Humor Nation. The Originals is a spin-off of the Vampire Diaries which placed the focus on the Mikaelson Family. The notorious Mikaelsons who started off as villains on the Originals, but slowly became the fan favorites. Fans became invested in the Original Vampires and expressed their desire on the internet to see more of the Originals content. The star cast such as Joseph Morgan, Claire Holt retweeted and shared the fan-made edits and videos of the Mikaelson Family which gave the creators the idea of the spin-off. According to Julie Plec, it was the episode featuring the Mikaelson Ball which resulted in the inception of the spin-off. The show ran for a total of 5 Seasons in which it aired 92 episodes. Compared to TVD, the storylines were far more mature and serious. The characters in the Originals have complex layers, they aren’t the typical good and bad characters.
Top 10 Originals Characters Ranked By Their Episodes Count
Many fans found the final season to be pale and dull when compared to the other seasons. Season 5 of the Originals received criticism for shifting focus to the backdoor pilot of the Legacies and featuring lazy writing such as killing off the main characters in an unexpected fashion.
So Take A Look At The Cast Of The Originals Throughout The Years
1. Yusuf Gatewood played the character of Finn Mikaelson/Vincent Griffith in the Originals. In Season 2, Esther places the soul of Finn inside the body of Vincent who is a powerful witch. Freya would later remove Finn from the vessel of Vincent and place it inside her pendant.
2. Claire Holt played Rebekah in the TVD Universe. She has appeared in all the three seasons. Rebekah Mikaelson has the temper of Klaus Mikaelson, but compared to all her siblings, she would easily fall in love. She ended with Marcel Gerard in the end. She desired to become a human.
3. The Vampire Hunter, the father of the Mikaelson siblings, Mikael was a brute who controlled his children. He would abuse Klaus because he was born as a result of Esther’s infidelity. The only child he genuinely loved was Freya. It was the lose of Freya that changed him forever.
4. Kol Mikaelson, the wild one who never fit in his family. He always struggled for attention and competed for Marcel at the family’s table. He fell in love with Davina Claire in Season 2. They had to struggle a lot to be together.
5. The Original Hybrid! Originals is the tale of his redemption. The abuse he suffered at the hands of Mikael turned him into a narcissistic, power hungry person. But the birth of Hope changed him completely.
6. Josh’s entire life was turned upside down when he was turned into a vampire unexpectedly. But he remained loyal till the very end.