Welcome back to Humor Nation. Today we’re going to be counting down facts about Ciel Phantomhive. From what I could see a number of you guys really wanted to see this article so I tried to go out of my way and dig up as many new facts as possible. Just be aware there’s most likely going to be spoilers in this article. I hope you guys enjoy.
So Let’s Take A Look At 10 Unknown Facts About Ciel Phantomhive!
1. Despite having stated his dislike for associating with weirdos a large number of his friends easily fit under that category aside from Tanaka. Pretty much all his servants are goofballs Lao’s girlfriend Ran-Mao is apparently like superhuman or something then there’s Prince what’s his name and then there’s Grell and The Undertaker, and I guess Pluto in the anime.
2. According to the official Black Butler popularity poll, Ciel is the second most popular character in the series having earned three thousand votes and he is ranked among the devil six being outdone only by Sebastian who beat him by a few hundred votes. But I mean let’s be honest here, are any of us really surprised he got one up by him.
3. Though Sebastian harbors a great love for cats of all types. Ciel is allergic to them, if Sebastian had recently been close to one he can’t allow him to come near him. Despite having them however Ciel has called his allergies irrelevant and he would never allow a cat into the house simply because he wants to avoid doing something that Sebastian would find enjoyable. That’s where you think these guys would be best friends by now saying us how often he saves his butt, but he seems to hate the guy for some reason.
4. Ciel likes to read bugs from various famous authors such as Arthur Conan Doyle and Edgar Allen Poe. Arthur Doyle who was actually shown within the ova “Book of Murder” is black Butler’s version of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle known for his reign work Sherlock Holmes. As for Edgar Allan Poe, he never actually appeared within the series.
However one of his works may have been the inspiration for Black Butler and one of his poems titled ‘The Raven’. He speaks of a bird called Nevermore and how its crimson eyes began to look more and more like a demon and eventually talking about the stealing of his soul and how it leaves his body lifeless. Coincidence Ciel likes reading this type of stuff, I think not.
5. Ciel Phantomhive is quite an intellectually gifted boy with French being his best overall subject. He is able to speak it fluently and can also understand Latin. His first name is also French for Sky.
6. Speaking of Ciel’s name before series creator Yana Toboso settled on it. Various other names were considered instead. Some first name examples include Estella, Angel, Aneglo Fate, Celestial, Sense, Celeste, Celesta, Voltaire, Azur, Rain, Lazulite, Lapis. But some potential last names were be Behive, Faust, Ghosthive, really glad they chose to go with Phantomhive.
7. Ciel hates anything that can be considered spicy as well as both mustard and wasabi which I mean who could blame him really they’re both pretty gross in my opinion. He also despises bad tasting food, but is willing to eat it only for diplomatic purposes. He does however enjoy horseback riding and his favorite flower is the sterling silver rose. Ciel also likes sweets.
8. Within the official Black Butler character guide it is revealed that because he wears an eyepatch to cover his contract with Sebastian. Ciel has problems with reckoning distances properly, however he’s apparently really good at handling a gun.
9. Most of you watching probably already know that Ciel Phantomhive lost most of his family pretty early on in his life. However something I never really paid much attention to is the fact that he actually has a total of eight confirmed relatives with official names in the series. Two of which are of course his deceased mother and father Rachel and Vincent Phantomhive, however he also had a grandmother named Claudia.
Although we never got to see what she actually looked like. There is also his Angelina Dalles aka madam red his cousin Elizabeth Midford which for those who weren’t aware, yes they are actually cousins. Her mother Francis Midford, her father Alexis Leon Midford and her older brother Edward Midford.
10. At just the age of 13, Ciel Phantomhive is the current head of the Phantomhive house and the owner of the Phantom corporation. Well one of the things that his company produces are toy rabbits. Well apparently this rabbit managed to outdo certain characters within the official Black Butler popularity poll earning a total of two votes which honestly isn’t much, but it’s equal to the number given to Alan Humphries and one more than Claude Faustus.