Hello Readers! Welcome to Humor Nation. Bangkok is one of the most visited cities in the world and about 11 million people visit Bangkok every year. Bangkok is known for its beautiful temples and vibrant nightlife. Besides these facts, there are many other facts that’ll make you wish to go there.
So let’s check out 10 fun and interesting facts about Bangkok! Weird things that happen only in Bangkok.
1. Funny Old Laws
Every country has some outdated and strange laws but Bangkok is far more than that, it has some weird and funny laws that’ll make you laugh.
- In Bangkok, it is illegal to leave the house without wearing an underwear. Seems strange, right?
- Bangkok also has another strange law of not driving the vehicles bare-chested.
- It doesn’t end there, it is also illegal to use a durian fruit as a weapon and fine is also charged according to the thorns victim has. Strange enough.
- It’s illegal to step on any Thai currency as they have King’s image on it. Big deal, right?
2. Longest City Name In The World
Krung Thep is referred to as the real name of Bangkok, but it’s just the short version of the original name. In actual its is Krungthepmahanakhon Amonrattanakosin Mahinthara Yutthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udom Ratchaniwet Mahasathan Amonphiman Awatansathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukamprasit.
3. Third Gender Washrooms
Don’t be surprised to see three toilet doors instead of two in Bangkok, it’s very common there. Thailand is the first country to introduce a Third-Gender washroom for transgender men, who are commonly called ladyboys there. It’s pretty uncommon to see such a toilet, but its a good start.
4. Home of Red Bull
This world-famous energy drink was made by Chaleo Yoovidhya in Bangkok in 1976. In 2012, before his death, he was the third richest man in Thailand.
5. City of Millionaires
Bangkok is the home of around 95% of millionaires, which is around 200,000 millionaires. Rich city, isn’t it?