True Detective is a critical acclaimed crime drama TV series, each season of the show is set in different settings along with a different set of characters and cast. Season 1 of the True detective tells the story of two Louisiana State Police’s Criminal homicide investigators Rust Cohle and Marty Hart. Matthew McConaughey plays the character of the talented Detective Rustin “Rust” Cohle and Woody Harrelson is Martin Hart, partner of Rust Cohle. Season 1 of the series has only 8 episodes, but they are so well directed, the season received rave reviews from the critics. Some critics even called it the best television drama of the year, some rank the series among the best crime dramas of all time.
Rust Cohle is an extremely talented, gifted homicide detective who is transferred to Louisiana State Police Department from Texas. Rust has talents, he has the ability to get confessions out of criminals, this has made him famous among the police departments. He carries a large ledger in which he keeps the sketches of the victims, crime scenes, and notes related to the crime. This has earned him the name “Tax Man” from his department colleagues.
So let’s take a look at 10 Thought-Provoking True Detective’s Rust Cohle Quotes That Will Make You Question Everything!
1. Be careful of what you’re good at. You have a limited time on earth, so spend it carefully. Don’t waste your precious time.
2. Watch out for those fake people. If you act good only because you fear punishment and you hope for some divine reward in the afterlife, then I am sorry to say that you’re doing it wrong.
3. It’s because bad men are capable of doing things that a lot of people won’t do. And sometimes to deal with the evil, you have to become the greater evil.
4. When we hurt someone, we experience the guilt, we feel regret and are ashamed. But some people such as sociopaths are incapable of experiencing such feelings.
5. Do you know who you are? If you know who you’re, if you know what you want, if you know what to do, then you’re a winner in life.
6. It was all the same dream, over and over..again.
7. Call me whatever you want to. If you don’t agree with my views, well I simply don’t care.
8. Let’s just stop reproducing, hold hand in hand, and walk towards our extinction.
9. He’s right you know.
10. Fate of all lives.